Thomas W. KivlahanTom Kivlahan concentrates in probate, trust administration and corporate law. He is experienced in all aspects of the Cook County decedents’ probate system, including intestacy, contested estates, claims and family disputes. Mr. Kivlahan also advises new and established businesses regarding management issues, sales, acquisitions, succession planning, financing, contract and real estate transactions. He is primarily responsible for the legal affairs of several multi-million dollar corporations and limited liability companies.
An Arlington Heights native, Mr. Kivlahan graduated from Arlington High School in 1979. He received his A.B. magna cum laude from Georgetown University in 1983 and his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 1986.
Mr. Kivlahan was a litigation associate for several years with a large Chicago law firm before returning to Arlington Heights and meeting George Drost in 1990. Mr. Kivlahan lives in Arlington Heights with his wife, Liz O'Kelly, and their son, Chris.
• Director, Village Bank & Trust
• Volunteer, Rainbow Hospice
• Northwest Community Hospital Planned Gift Committee Advisory Council
• 2009 Arlington Heights "Duffer of the Year"
• 2005 Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce Business Volunteer of the Year
• Arlington Heights Special Events Commission, 1999-2008
• Master of Ceremonies, Arlington Hearts of Gold Awards Dinner