Courtney T. Podkowa
Courtney concentrates in estate planning, elder law, and trust and estate administration. Courtney is an active member of the Illinois Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Originally from St. Louis, she lives in Glenview with her husband.
- S.M. from Tulane University in 2012, cum laude
- D. from DePaul College of Law in 2015, cum laude
- Prior to joining DKMO, Courtney worked as an attorney at another estate planning and elder law firm in Arlington Heights. While in law school, she clerked at a Chicago firm that specializes in estate planning, probate, and elder law, and also clerked for the Cook County Office of the Public Guardian, in both their Adult Guardianship and Juvenile divisions.
Leadership & Honors
- Named a “2020 Rising Star in Elder Law” by Illinois Super Lawyers
- CALI Awards (highest grade in class) in Legal Writing I, Legal Writing III, and Legal Writing: Transactions
- Volunteer with the Wills for Heroes program
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Illinois Chapter of NAELA: active member on the Mentorship, Membership, and Social Media committees
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Favorite Binge Watch Show
- Downtown Abbey
- Courtney loves to travel and studied in Spain while in college. The last country she visited was Thailand in 2019.